For Christmas this year Ben and Lucie bought a day pass to a health farm for me and a friend. My spa buddy, Rita, was 'over the moon' when I invited her to come with me. We set off on Wednesday morning and got caught in terrible rush hour traffic and the journey to Henlow in Bedfordshire, which should have taken an hour, ended up taking almost two hours! The stress of the journey started to fade away after we had been welcomed and shown around.
Arriving at Champneys Henlow:
We started our day with a swim in the beautiful pool and then I went off to the jacuzzi which can be seen in the photo below:
I got to the edge of the jacuzzi and put a leg into the water to find the step but, unfortunately, there wasn't one and in trying to find it, I overbalanced and fell into the arms of a very nice man that happened to be relaxing one minute and then have me in his arms the next! It really was hysterical and I just don't know how I managed to end up in the arms of this very good looking man but we all laughed about it for about 20 minutes. I think he may have been a doctor because he was discussing surgery techniques with his friend before I rudely interrupted him!
It was soon time for our treatments as we had both booked to have a full body massage and a facial. Both treatments lasted an hour and were absolutely beautiful!
After our treatments we had a three course lunch followed by coffee in the lounge. At one point I managed to take my food to the wrong table and started to eat my lunch on someone else's table - what the hell am I like - it could only happen to me and I am not even on any medication!! Also, while we were having lunch in the dining room one of the members of staff came over to check my name and I thought that it was a bit strange because he had just checked my name off the booking list a few minutes earlier. The next thing I know is that I am being presented with a huge bouquet of flowers and everyone in the restaurant was looking at me. The lady on the next table leant over towards me and asked me if they were from the man in the Jacuzzi! Everyone wanted to know who they were from and when I said my son they all went Ahhh! Ben, you have just earned yourself a lot of Brownie points!
After all the excitement over lunch we decided to have an afternoon nap on the loungers at the side of the pool. At least I couldn't get into any more rediculous situations if I was asleep!
To finish our day at the spa we did a 'stretch and relax' class with a very nice male instructor from St Lucia - a perfect way to end a perfect day!
The flowers:




It was such a lovely day after our long wait to get onto the motorway! We needed the lovely treatments to fully relax us. I felt like a new woman afterwards .You provided lots of laughs and silliness with your antics Lynn. Thank you . Rita xx.
ReplyDeleteYou make a great spa buddy Rita! Thanks for coming. xx
DeleteGlad you both enjoyed it! Well jealous! Xx
ReplyDeleteJust wondering what I have let myself in for in Borneo. Please try not to accost anymore strangers in jacuzzis or leave me eating alone. In return I will not ask you to smuggle my gin glass out of the bar.. X
ReplyDeleteThat's a deal! lWhat will be the next Sagarama Drama? Look out Borneo, here we come!
DeleteWell it's what you deserve. Glad you had fun
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda! xx
Delete