Sunday, 23 March 2014

Borneo No 10

Hi Family, Friends, Davenanters, Dancers and Bloggers,

Last night Sue and I had a lovely meal of grilled fish with bread and butter pudding for dessert and, needless to say, we didn't go anywhere near the Chinese food option!

After dinner we enjoyed the free bar in the hotel and in the process we got eaten alive by the Mozzies. We have had a lot of Mozzie bites since we have been in Borneo but we are really pleased with our decision to take anti  Malaria tablets; I think we would have been very worried if we hadn't taken them. Every night I spray my legs from the knees down with Deet and I have only been bitten below my knees - can't quite work that out. Sue sprays herself all over with Deet and she has been bitten all over by the Mozzies so we are both wondering what's going on! I have now got twelve fresh bites on my left leg and twenty two on my right leg plus all the fading bites from earlier in the holiday. Very sexy look!

A selfie of my mozzie bites:

It is interesting to note that the toilets here in the hotel do not have shower hoses and are spotlessly clean and dry; they also have toilet paper, hot water and soap to wash our hands and hand dryers to dry our hands. Amazing! After retching in three different toilets on our route through Borneo I am beginning to get my confidence back again so that I can now go into a public toilet without a peg on the end of my nose!

I am afraid to admit that I opted out of today's city tour - just couldn't face any more culture - and chose instead to stay in bed till 10.00, have a late breakfast and then lounge by the magnificent pool. It was so nice to swim a few lengths and to play in yet another waterfall.

Here we are waving our red flag - two cocktails please!

Who is that behind the waterfall?

The South China Sea:

Our last evening, all dressed up, posing with the Hotel's Musician.

Tomorrow, we will be leaving the hotel at 3.00pm for the Airport. Our flight back to the Uk is at 6.00pm. We are due back at Heathrow on Monday morning but if things go wrong with Royal Brunei Airways again we could be getting back on Wednesday. 

Will blog again when I get home - wish me luck with my journey!

Postcards from Borneo:







No comments:

Post a Comment