Hi Family, Friends, Davenanters and Bloggers,
We are on the beach spending our last full day in the sun. Sandra has spent the holiday getting to know her Kindle and she now loves it. She has read six books and has particularly enjoyed The Hunger Games part 1 and 3 (she didn't realise there was a part 2), The Back Road which is a murder mystery and The School Run which is a frothy, easy to read holiday book. I have spent my time reading and enjoyed Water for Elephants and lots of magazines. My favourite magazine to read on holidays is Red and I always pack a copy of it wherever I go and I always try to make it last at least two days. I love Rosie Green's articles on her life with AM (Alpha Male) and I can always relate to everything she says and I enjoyed this months edition when Red celebrated its 15th year of publication. The article on the females who have inspired us, challenged us, made us laugh and made us proud over the past fifteen years was particularly good. I have also spent quite a bit of time on my iPad and am now convinced that I shall never be parted from it ever again. It continues to be dressed in pink and has become an extension of my right arm. I am amazed at the number of people carrying around an iPad or something similar on this holiday.
There are a lot of newly weds in this hotel and one of the funniest sights we saw this week was a newly married female in full facial make-up and blond hair extensions at breakfast, ready for a day on the beach. She had about three layers of foundation, false eye lashes, eye liner, eye shadow, eyebrows penciled in and lots of lipstick. In the 90 degree heat it was starting to melt. She could have been auditioning for TOWIE.
The other thing that happened was that two Americans, who had just arrived at the hotel, went straight into the sea and nearly drowned. There was a right old drama going on. A man on a surfboard went out to rescue them and everyone gathered around, the Hotel staff all came running out, a man on a jet ski arrived to assist the rescue and Sandra and I had front row seats from our sun beds. They obviously ignored the very large red flag, the large waves and the fact that no one else was in the sea. When they eventually got out of the water the man was ok but the woman was very shaken and it took her a while to recover. If I was forty years younger I probably would have taken a video of it and sold it to a local TV station.
Our top 10 holiday favourites - in no particular order:
1 The pool and beach attendants - who made life on the beach so comfortable and so much fun.
2 Happy Hour - our 5-a-day liquid lunch.
3 The room with the wonderful bathroom and luxurious bed.
4 Sandy Lane - the gastronomic delight.
5 Meeting up with Sharon and Andrew.
6 The Sun-loungers.
7 Breakfasts at the Hotel - and the lovely Egg Lady (no holiday is complete without a good Egg Man or Egg Lady).
8 The Bajan people - so incredibly friendly.
9 The view from the lobby of the Caribbean Sea.
10 The Cliff Restaurant - so unusually stunning.
Things that could be improved:
1 Tea and coffee at breakfast - both getting it and getting it hot.
2 Signing for food and drink in the hotel - this always created a problem because they kept forgetting we were on half board and were charging us for everything.
3 The restaurant in the hotel in the evening was lacking ambience and the service was strange.
We are off now for our final night out and we have decided to go back to Pisces. I probably won't blog tomorrow because we will be travelling so we will see you all shortly when we return to the UK. We are very sad to be leaving the wonderful island of Barbados because we have had the most incredible time. I send a big thank you to Family, Friends, Davenanters and Bloggers. xxx
Good bye to everyone at Ocean 2 - photo below:

Well I have really enjoyed your blog. It has been good to have a glimpse in to your holiday, 'such fun' Remind me to tell you about our funny story of two (stupid) people nearly drowning in Turkey......and I did take a photo!
ReplyDeleteI dont expect we will hear much from Lucie and Ben. What a jet setting family we are!
I look forward to your visit up North.
XX
You always manage to make me LOL!
DeleteWe have enjoyed your holiday with you and it has been a lovely escape from the drabness of everything here just now . Hopefully you will see a few spring flowers and some tree blossom when you arrive home . Did you pack the sun in your suitcase.. we need it! xx
ReplyDeleteDid Mike manage to do any gardening while I have been away and is the new wi fi working - I am dying to know?? Bringing the sunshine back with us I believe but it may be in the liquid form - we shall have to wait and see!
DeleteMike has read the blogs and has found time to do the digging and some planting too . He still has more to do as the rain stopped him working for a couple of days.
DeleteWe have started tp prepare for decorating so we needed to look at your blogs to keep us going!
See you soon.. all bveautifully suntanned. . Rita and Mike x
I too have enjoyed reading these updates, but must say the fact that Sandra didn't know that there was a part 2 between 1 & 3 did make me chortle just now!! Look forward to catching up on your return xx
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn, this is Sandra testing the blog.
ReplyDeleteAbout time too!
ReplyDeleteHi lynn
ReplyDeleteAll is well back home.
Hi Pat, it is so lovely to know that you are reading my blog and that you are with me in spirit!
ReplyDeleteWow what a great holiday. Sounds amazing all that attention from the pool guys. Pictures look great look forward to seeing the rest.
ReplyDeleteLOL Paula
You would have loved it here but I am sure Rotherslade Bay will be equally good if we catch some good weather in August!!
ReplyDelete