Saturday, 20 July 2013

London No 1

Hi Family, Friends, Davenanters and Bloggers,

Although going into London isn't strictly a travelling adventure, I thought my readers in other countries - and there are a lot of you out there, would like to see a bit of the London scene!

I met Ben and DILY at Liverpool Street on one of the hottest days of the year - it was sweltering - and we made our way to Sushisamba for cocktails. Sushisamba is a very trendy Sushi restaurant and cocktail bar at the top of a high rise office block. The ride up in the lift is amazing and the views are spectacular. To eat in the restaurant you will need to book months before you want to go but to go to the Bar you can just turn up and queue. We were lucky and only had to wait about five minutes which was rather good for a Friday evening.

Here are some photos of the views taken through the window of the Bar:


The top of the Gherkin. The Shard building is hiding behind the tall building with the crane on it.


St Paul's Cathedral and the Thames river in the distance.


The whole of the Gherkin.


Lucie and Ben drinking their cocktails in the bar. I won't say what cocktail I had - it's too obvious!


A room with a view (the ladies toilet)!

After our cocktails we went to a restaurant called The Fish Market and had a lovely fishy dinner. We shared a shellfish platter to start (bit of a family tradition) that had oysters, prawns, cockles, whelks, winkles, clams, brown prawns, crab and muscles on a bed of ice, 


For main course I had half a grilled lobster and chips, Ben had mussels and chips and Lucie had crab macaroni, gruyere and herb crust. Everything was delicious and a good time was had by all!





6 comments:

  1. And very tasty it was too! Thanks for treating us MILY, I'm all seafooded out today xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic! I wish I had been there! You are like film stars. I miss you all XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed having you with us. Next time you are in London we will do something equally spectacular!

      Delete
  3. Well, we have been meaning to do this for quite a while so job done! Thanks for organising it. MILY

    ReplyDelete
  4. This experience sounds fab. We haven't got around to doing it yet but looks great. Hopefully there was some breeze up there in the bar! Rita and Mike x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabbilicious. You two would love it. Put it on your list to do.

      On one of the hottest days of the year we were lucky enough to be in air conditioning - result!

      Delete