Today I have driven to Suffolk to spend a few days with my friend, Angelica, and her husband, Derek, in Felixstowe. They have given me a beautiful room with a magnificent view over the North Sea where all sorts of boats can be seen making their way to and from Felixstowe and Harwich Ports.
We went out for a lovely traditional Sunday Lunch and I enjoyed Courgette Soup followed by Roast Beef with all the trimmings and Summer Pudding for dessert in the Hotel Orwell in Felixstowe. After lunch we went went to Snape - a village a few miles north of Felixstowe - and looked around the Maltings where Benjamin Britain concerts are held. This area also had lots of lovely shops, exhibitions and tea rooms which we enjoyed walking around.
We then called into Orford on the way home and saw the Castle, which has been beautifully restored, and the Quay where holiday makers were having trips on the river. The sea looked grey and rough after yesterday's storms.
I also managed to take a quick photo of the Orford Butlery and Oysterage while driving past. This is a wonderful fish restaurant where they serve local fish and oysters. They also smoke their own fish which you can see hanging up in the smoke house. I remember going there about thirty years ago and it doesn't seem to have changed a bit.







No comments:
Post a Comment