Yesterday, my friend Margaret and I went into central London to see a show. We met in Covent Garden, did a quick bit of shopping, had coffee and then walked down Long Acre, past Leicester Square, through Piccadilly Circus and up Regent Street to the Palladium Theatre in Argyll Street.
On the way I snapped a few photographs for my foreign readers who may not know London well.
Here is the sculpture of Eros at Piccadilly Circus:
Here is the stunning architecture of Regent Street:
Here is the famous Liberty shop on Regent Street:
Here is the famous London Palladium and spot Margaret next to the Doorman.
We had really good seats, three rows from the front, and enjoyed A Chorus Line even though we thought it was beginning to look very dated. The dance was very stylised, very repetitive and not very imaginative and compared to the dance of today it was a little disappointing. There were, however, some very good individual performances and the three main female roles were excellent and their voices were superb. In fact the singing from everyone was extremely good.
After the show we did a little bit more shopping on Regent Street and then went for an extremely nice meal in The Living Room on Heddon Street:
The toilets were a bit of an experience; firstly because they were difficult to find in the wood panelled room and secondly because they had carpet on the walls, book shelves behind the toilets and the radio playing in the cubicles! I think it must have had something to do with The Living Room theme - but what, I couldn't work out.









Looks great
ReplyDeleteYes, it was a really good day - you would have loved it! xxx
DeleteExcellent photography! I love Libertys.
ReplyDeleteMany years ago I was sent shopping with work, given some cash and instructions to buy anything inspirational from Harrods or Libertys. I absolutely loved spending somebody else’s money! I still get a tingle every time I pass it. Lucie bought me two lovely notebooks from Libertys for Christmas.
Hi Linda, I need to know someone who will send me shopping in Harrods and Libertys - can you fix it for me?
DeleteI wonder how our children are getting on in France with Paul and Polly in the camper van. I haven't heard anything have you?