Monday, 6 May 2013

Funtington No 1

Hi Family, Friends, Davenanters and Bloggers,

This morning at 8.00am my friend, Anjelica, and I set off on a road trip to Funtington which is several miles West of Chichester in Sussex. The aim of the trip was for Anjelica to familiarise herself with the location of her son's wedding. Paul and Polly are getting married in two weeks time and we thought it would be a good idea to practice the journey down to Sussex and to make sure we knew where to find the venue, the church, the accommodation and, most importantly, the pub! My son, Ben, is one of the Best Men, my daughter-in-law, Lucie, is a bridesmaid and I have also been invited as a guest to the wedding.

The journey was quite a difficult one and it took almost three hours each way but we really enjoyed it. For a Bank Holiday it was relatively quiet on the roads and the weather was beautiful so we just enjoyed the scenery and chatted non stop for a total of six hours!

Polly's parents invited us to their home for lunch and they showed us around and explained where the marquees would be going and where the younger guests would be camping. It all looked absolutely fantastic. They were amazing hosts and really looked after us. Paul and Polly then took us to see the Church and the accommodation for the groom and the best men. We then went to see where we would be staying which is luxury self-catering accommodation called Pitlands Barns in Up Marden which is a few miles from Funtington. We were given a tour of the Barns which have been tastefully designed and beautifully renovated. There will be fourteen of us staying in the barns, thirteen Spanish relatives and me. I think my new Translator App is going to get plenty of use prior to my trip to Majorca - help!!

We then went back to Polly's house for afternoon tea and Anjelica was shown shown lots more intricate wedding details and she enjoyed every single minute of it. Paul and Polly looked so happy and relaxed and so did Richard and Julie (Polly's parents) who were taking everything in their stride.

It really was a lovely day and below are a few photographs of the Church, Paul and Polly and the Pitlands Barns. Can't wait for the wedding now!







11 comments:

  1. I also had a brilliant time. Thank you Lynn for coming with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering if I have managed to do this right so at last I can p[ost a comment!!! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have at last managed to subscribe, marvellous! Glad your visit went well on Monday. We did the garden, and it is looking rather good, even if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, you are an absolute star! Yeah you have done it at last

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funtington sounds like a lovely place to get married. I am sure you will all have a lovely time. Don’t forget to tell me about Ben's best man’s speech. Let’s hope the sun shines like it did this weekend.

    Just on a personal note you inspired me Lynn to download a translator app on my phone (Turkish) It has made me giggle, and I am sure we will have fun with it when we go later in the year. We don’t really need to speak Turkish, however we do like to make an effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, another trip to Turkey - how fantastic! Hope you are enjoying your new App - you will be able to impress the Turks with your conversation! I try to listen to mine for a few minutes every day and yesterday I was on days of the week and counting one to ten. My Spanish friend, Anjelica, has told me to learn 'Me gusta' (I like it) and 'No me gusta' (I don't like it). She says it will take me a long way!

    I will keep you up to date with the news from the wedding and will try to blog when I am there if I can. Looking forward to seeing you soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to read how it is going abroad. Weather has turned here all rather grey and unlovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Food sounds amazing, and I bet you are a lovely brown colour with all that sun. Pool yesterday looks huge, so well done on the 20 lengths. I have been out this morning riding my bike, so legs are tired now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, I almost missed your comment back here on Funtington No 1! I am still puffing and panting like a crazy woman when I swim because I try to swim fast and do interval training! It never seems to get any easier! Glad to hear you you are exercising and that bike of yours is getting some use! Keep at it. How did your birthday celebrations go? Will you be going to the Isle of Wight soon? xxx

      Delete
  9. This is a amazing post. Food sound are very clearly. Pictures are awesome and so beautiful. Great work for this post. I need to share with my friend and thanks for sharing it....

    self catering clitheroe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nikks, welcome to my blog and thanks for the comment. Always good to know that there are people out there, that I don't know, reading the blog.

      Delete