My time here at this Hotel has flown by. I leave tomorrow for Deia. I have loved this little hotel and all its nice little touches and the people here have been very friendly. I met a mother and daughter from Devon having a holiday together and have got on well with them. After dinner last night we had coffee together and then we drank the Amaretto bottle dry in the Hotel - shame, none left for tonight.
For my main course at dinner last night I went for the chef's special - medallions of pork in a Sabrassada sauce with onions, mushrooms and sauté potatoes. It was delicious. I have been learning a bit about the Majorcan Sabrassada; it looks a bit like a sausage when you buy it but inside the skin it is more like a paste or pâté. It is usually eaten spread on bread or toast and it is made with ground pork, paprika which gives it its colour, salt and pepper.
The beach resort of Cala San Vicenc was a little bit disappointing. Although there are three coves there doesn't seem to be a central place or a town square where people gather in the evenings. There are a few shop and restaurants sprinkled around but there are a lot of empty premises and some unkept areas - this may be signs of the recession. Further back from the sea there are some very wealthy areas with impressive properties which I discovered when I went on one of my walks to find the ancient burial caves. There are a group of seven burial caves which date back to 1700 BC on the outskirts of the town. I got a bit scared because there was nobody else around the day I went to see them, and they were a little bit remote, so I took a quick photo then scarpered. I had visions of all sorts of newspaper headlines involving a woman and graves!
I am going out tonight to eat with my new friends and, hopefully, we shall not be going anywhere near any graves!
Hotel San Vicenc 9 out of 10 - an excellent small hotel, Cala San Vicenc 4 out of 10 but could be so much better.



The sabrassada looks interesting- is it a bit like pâté? Looks tasty on the bread, even if the sausage ones do look a bit strange looking! Glad that you've been making Amaretto loving friends! Lots of love DILY x
ReplyDeleteHi DILY, you requested some more photos of food. I think I have surpassed myself with this one! I am loving the Majorcan diet and making the most of it while I can. MILY xxx
ReplyDeleteThose sausages are a bit phallic!!
ReplyDeleteHotel looks great and always important to have some amaretto drinking buddies! Xx
Trust you to say it as it is!!
DeleteHolidays are not holidays without a serious bit of Amaretto drinking - as you would know! M
Hi looks like the hotels are getting better! BUT HOW MUCH !!!! For a fanta you can't be serious, I was rather liking the hotel pool and tennis courts but I think I would need a second mortgage for the gin and tonics. Had great weekend in Suffolk but need a week off to recover . Can't believe you haven't put on weight with all the delightful food you are eating. Looking browner by the minute. Looking forward to next weeks tails lots of love x x x
ReplyDeleteYour weekend sounds brill. Glad you are back, its been quiet without you. I did have to restrain myself from saying "HOW MUCH" but it wasn't for the drink, it was for the sun bed!
DeleteThe sausage picture rather worried me, too!
ReplyDeleteA priceless comment Helen, you always make me laugh! Naughty but nice!
ReplyDeleteI thought the same as Ben when I saw that sausage !What whoppers!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how many nights you spent at this hotel but I'm sure it's flown by. Pleased you hit the amaretto with some friends . Rita x
The sausage photo has made the blog go mad with hits. I am beginning to worry about the company I am keeping!
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn
ReplyDeleteJust arrived back from Norway it was wonderful. Tell you about when your back. All well at home.
I also have to comment on those sausages, say no more. It seems you are having a great time.
By the way the drinks in Norway were crazy a sprite and fanta £9.
Enjoy Pat & Stephen xxx
We will have a serious bit of catching up to do when I get back. Sounds as if you had a lovely break in Norway.
DeleteEverything is going to plan here except the weather has gone seriously hot - too hot for doing things. Still, mustn't complain, better too hot than cold and miserable. See you both soon. xxx
Anymore photos like the sausages and you'll have to get them censored!! That one's definitely X rated ;)
ReplyDeleteMy audience is telling me they like sausages! I have never had so many hits on the Blog in one day. I don't know how I am going to follow this up though.
DeletePerhaps an array of oversized bananas? X
ReplyDeleteI will see what I can do! M
Delete