I spent this morning at the Esbaluard Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art which is opposite the Saratoga Hotel. It cost €6.
The building is as impressive as the art. From the outside it looks like an old limestone fort but behind the walls a new magnificent building exists.
The old fort walls:
Inside the old walls:
Inside the building:
There was another Miro exhibition called Ubu on Stage. Ubu is a character from an Alfred Jarry play. The play, in 1896, opened the door to Avant-garde theatre and Miro became very involved with the play and the characters.
There was an exhibition on Ceramics by Picasso:
There was an exhibition of sculpture by Llorenc Ginard called Shaping Life.
There was an exhibition called Duality featuring work from five outstanding Majorcan artists. I actually recognised the artist who made these two pieces of art because they were similar to his work in Palma Catherdral. It was Miquel Barcelo! The first one is called Fifteen Holes and the second one is called Tetes de Sardines. I hope you are all keeping up - look at Majorca No 1.
Spent the afternoon sunning myself, reading Winter in Madrid and listening to The Lumineers album. Brillo pads (Tilly)!
I am starvington stations and need to scoffulate now - going back to Toni's because I liked it so much last night. (Tilly and Tilly)















Impressive day! Yes I can see the holes and the sardines. I especially like all the coloured painting all in a row and the Picasso ceramics. “Marvellismus, spiffulent” (Tilley speak)
ReplyDeleteFabulasmic, I know you are a fan of Queen Kong, and I am not being rudulant! I couldn't believe he called it fifteen holes. I counted them just in case he made a mistake. And the sardine heads - well what can I say - don't answer that, I feel another Tilly moment coming on.
Deletewell sorry Lynn but art just does not float my boat. It all looks very interesting but ........... Just not for me. Did not want to see the cockroach. How very dare you!. It looks like you doing exactly what you wanted. Good for you mate. Good for you!
ReplyDeletelove sandra