When I left the Hotel Costa D'Or in Llucalcari I asked the taxi driver to drive down to the cove in Deia, on route to my next Hotel. I had tried walking to the cove from the Hotel but it was too difficult and dangerous for me on my own so I abandoned my attempt. This is what I wanted to see:
I am now staying in the Hotel Maristel in a small mountain village called Estellencs (pronounced Esta yenks - from what I can make out because I am the only English in the village!). This hotel is a bit old and tired looking and very different to all the others that I have stayed in and I can definitely tell you that the chef will not be out mingling with the guests here. The food is very basic and not very nice, to put it politely. Anyway, I have decided to use this opportunity to cut down on my food consumption, walk as much as I can and use the spa every day. There is a beautiful little spa that seems relatively new and it has a nice size pool with lots of water massages, a jacuzzi, Turkish bath, showers, loungers, white dressing gowns and towels. I was the only one using the facility today - bazaar!
I walked the village this morning and took these photos:
The three sculptures you can see are by Mariano Navares, he has a workshop in the village and he works with bronze, steel and scrap metals. I thought his work was brilliant and I tried to have a conversation with him about it but failed miserably. Never mind, at least I tried. It seems I am back on the art trail once again.





It really does look quite pretty where you are I like the horse but not sure about the item hanging from the wall I also really like the idea of having the spa to yourself BLISS!
ReplyDeleteHi AL...the pictures of the cove look fab!
ReplyDeleteI am a little bemused of how the artist managed to get hold of a picture of you on the dance floor to create sculpture number 2!? Great interpretation though i feel!!
Love you Jen xxx
The fusion of two cultural worlds, sculpture and dance. They are as one, locked together, for the likes of you and me to appreciate! (Particularly when we have had a couple of drinks!)
ReplyDelete