Thursday, 13 June 2013

Majorca No 10

Hi Family, Friends, Davenanters and Bloggers,

I have found a few other things in my room that I forgot to mention yesterday. There are fresh flowers, weighing scales and an ironing board but, fortunately, no iron. Hooray, no ironing for me then! Miracle, only put on a tiny bit of weight!

I spent the day on the beach today. At the end of the Hotel's garden there is a gate that leads to the beach. This is what it looks like:




To spend the day at the pool with beds, umbrella and towel it costs nothing but on the beach there is a charge. A bed, umbrella and a towel costs €20 and I think it is more expensive for people who are not guests at the hotel. Some people in front of me paid €30 for two beds with towels. But, guests of the hotel are guaranteed beds and umbrellas and they can be booked in advance if required. Sweet!

On the subject of beds and umbrellas, which is always a favourite topic of mine, I have noticed that on the public beaches this year, two beds and an umbrella is €11. They seem to put them up by €1 every year!

This Hotel during the day is absolutely wonderful and it really is five star luxury. It is expensive but that is to be expected for this type of service and accommodation. A Diet Coke or a Fanta Lemon cost €5 and a Mojito cost €12.50 just to give you an idea of what things cost. In the evenings the hotel gets very quiet and after Dinner everyone disappears and there is very little atmosphere. (Sandra, its like being in the Maldives all over again.)  Last night I had a private recital by the pianist! He played songs from musicals and I had to guess which musical the song came from. He told me that he met Andrew Lloyd Webber when he came for dinner at the Hotel. Cool!

I shall be leaving in the morning, I have had a wonderful time here but I am hoping for a bit more night life in the next place.

The Barcelo Formentor Hotel 9 out of 10.





6 comments:

  1. Morning Lynn. Wow the hotel and beach look just like teh caribean. But my how expensive is that!. I would have a very dry time there - how much is a gin and tonic cos I dont like mojitos. It is drizzly and dull here so you have def picked the right time to go. I am in thick tights and cardi's. Really enjoying reading your blog - sent you a text cos that is my preferred method of communication. Keep having fun. Lx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather here has been fantastic. For the last five days there hasn't been a cloud in the sky! I have yet to put on my track suit to keep me warm or my plastic mack to keep me dry - thank goodness, would have to call the fashion police! I have just settled in Cala San Vicenc and will blog tomorrow with the details. xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynn
    My last comment didn't get posted so did something wrong there. What a great hotel this one is ,the pool and the beach look wonderful. Now you are rested and truly relaxed the next stop must be for partying! Good luck . Rita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need the night life that I found in Palma. I will keep trying to find some! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn. Just returned from a week in Devon with mixed weather but different homemade cocktails every night were lovely! We enjoyed Julie`s party very much yesterday - good to catch up with people. From the photos your weather looks great and what a good collection of inviting pools! Looking forward to the IOW in July. Look after yourself. Love, Tina x

      Delete
    2. Hi Tina, so lovely to hear from you. Your cricket trip seems to have gone well yet again!

      The weather here has been absolutely fantastic. It was 34 degrees today so I just stayed in the shade all day and did some serious swimming to cool off. I am feeling really relaxed and chilled out and I am enjoying every minute of my experience. Can't wait for the IOW in July - three girls on a road trip what could be better!

      Delete