Went for another walk in the village today and found a few more interesting things. This sculpture is positioned at the entrance to the village, if approaching from the south, but it was difficult to photograph as it is surrounded by wires and bushes:
I had a nice chat to him. How could you not love this face?
The Horse is positioned at the other end of village and it is seen when leaving. I had a nice little chat with him too - again, what a lovely face!
I also found the old wash house which looks as if it has been restored. The water is still flowing in from the mountains on the left and leaving on the right. It progresses down the mountain in troughs and it is used to irrigate the crops.
There was a tiny little market of local foods today. I have discovered a love of Spanish capers (fourth bowl along) and white Spanish cheese (on the left of the photo). The cheese is called Queso Blanco (made from cow's milk) or Queso Fresco (made from a mixture of cow's and goat's milk).
Dried figs, apricots and dates, yumm.









I guess this is the most "local" place you have visited so far ,being the only Brit in the village! It looks very tranquil,like a Majorcan
ReplyDeleteversion of Pembrokeshire villages.
Hope you feel rejuvenated after the spa experience. See you soon . Rita xx
These four days have certainly rejuvenated me - I haven't been as relaxed for years (except for our time at Raggers but that was a bit different). I had all the emails from Beth with all her photos and she looks as if she is having a wonderful time in Austrailia. I think she has started reading the Blog - my stats are telling me that there is someone in Austrailia reading it so I hope it's her! xxx
DeleteLooks great Lynn xx
ReplyDeleteYou have been very quiet recently - what are you up to. Must have a Marrow Meeting when we can all get together. Could have done with you and your expert knowledge on everything Spanish on this trip. Where are you when I need you?
DeleteLovely! Yes the horse does have a friendly face
ReplyDeleteI think we are both barking mad!
DeleteHi make the most of the sunshine it hasn't stopped raining here for 2 days. Rather liking the horse perhaps it could fit in my garden quite nicely! Off to speech day in a moment joys upon joys! You sure are making good use of your walking shoes. Enjoy your remaining few days see you Friday bet you're looking forward to seeing your new room at home. X x
ReplyDeleteDon't fancy coming home to bad weather. The weather here today has been perfect - not too hot and not too cold and sunny all day. I don't really want to think of the flat either - I just hope I like all the new decor when I get home. Missing you all - see you Friday. xxx
Delete